Submit your application and start your studies in October 2021 | Either on campus or in a hybrid online format (if Covid-19 impacts your travel and visa options)To the online application form
Your course content
What you will learn
If you already have a degree in business or economic studies and would like to specialise in the field of hospitality, the Master's programme Hospitality Management & Leadership is the right choice for you. Perhaps you have already gained practical experience in hotel or restaurant management or another guest-related service company and would like to deepen your theoretical knowledge with a sound education.
In the English-taught Master's programme Hospitality Management & Leadership you will deal with all areas of the service sector. You will gain detailed insights into the tourism sector as well as the hotel and restaurant industry. Furthermore, you will receive further education in the economic sector, which will qualify you for an international management career. You will develop both your leadership qualities and industry-specific knowledge in special corporate functions in the hospitality industry - such as in finance or human resources. An internship abroad or a semester (6 months) at one of our international partner universities opens doors to international management positions in the hospitality industry.
You also get to choose between:
- 4-semester / 2-year option (120 ECTS)
- 3-semester / 1.5-year option (Fast Track, 90 ECTS)
- Please find more information, e.g. required Bachelor's degree for each option, in the section Admission requirements below
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
Great prospects - the Master's degree that will take you to the top
With a Master's degree in Hospitality Management & Leadership, you can expect to work in highly diverse and complex fields of responsibility in senior international management positions. With your leadership skills, other relevant key competencies and your specialist knowledge of human resources management in a multicultural context, you are ideally prepared for the demands of international business in the service sector.
In addition, with a Master of Arts (MA) degree you will create the best possible conditions for an academic career in teaching and research.
With your Master's degree in Hospitality Management you could be working in the following selected professional fields:
- Food & beverage management
- Hotel planning & facilities management
- Hospitality management consultancy
- Service management
- Hotel / restaurant manager
- National and international hotel industry
- Event agencies
- City and destination marketing
- Health and wellness facilities
- Tourism organisations, associations and politics
Our study concept
Your studies are divided into 5-week blocks. During this time you focus on one management topic which you get to view from different angles. Thanks to this approach you can learn about real management challenges and strengthen the skills that employers are looking for.Learn more about our academic approach
Do you want to have your Master's in 3 semesters?
Then take the Fast Track Master's degree programme in Hospitality Management & Leadership with an internship included. In three semesters we prepare you for your management function in international companies.
- Shorter study model according to our innovative CORE principle, focusing on international management, communication and leadership
- Improve your management skills and deepen your industry knowledge
- Company projects, internships or a semester abroad broaden your perspective and enhance your work experience
- Your Master's degree opens up many career paths - be prepared for interesting career opportunities, especially in higher management
Join us and learn everything you need to know about SRH Berlin, our Management & Hospitality programmes, the application process, financing your studies and more! Our Study Advisor will guide you and answer your questions | 3 - 4 pm CEST.Event
Companies meet students. At the start of the winter semester 2021/2022, we are offering the first Berlin student part-time job fair where SRH Berlin students and companies can get to know each other.Event
And these are your modules Your curriculum
- International Business Development and Digital Intelligence 5
- Global Markets & Finance 5
- Leading Intercultural Workforce 5
- Case Study: Business Development Case or Leading Challenge 5
- Corporate Governance & Business Ethics (Chain 1) 5
- Global HR Management (Chain 2) 5
- Hospitality Real Estate, Asset Management and Experience Design 5
- Entrepreneurial Hotel Management and New Work 5
- Strategic Hotel Distribution & Revenue Management 5
- Case study: Hospitality Industry Team Project 5
- Contracting & Negotiation (Chain 1) 5
- Academic Paper Design & Writing (Chain 2) 5
- International Internship or Global Study Semester 30
- Analysing International Business (Online) 5
- Master's Thesis 25
Full-Flex Offer | For international students only
Are you worried that Covid-19 might affect your academic future? Are you facing visa delays and travel restrictions? Take advantage of our offer to start your studies in October 2021 in a virtual format and receive a reward!
For the Master's programme "Hospitality Management & Leadership" you need to have a passion for the hospitality industry, social skills and the following:
4-semester / 2-year option (120 ECTS):
- 3-year Bachelor's degree (worth 180 ECTS) in Hospitality or Hotel Management (or similar) OR
- 3-year Bachelor's degree (worth 180 ECTS) in an industry-relevant area + min. 6 months of work experience in the hospitality sector OR
- 3-year Bachelor's degree (worth 180 ECTS) in another area + min. 12 months of work experience in the hospitality sector
3-semester / 1.5-year option (90 ECTS):
- 3.5-year Bachelor's degree (worth 210 ECTS) in Hospitality or Hotel Management (or similar) OR
- 3-year Bachelor's degree (worth 180 ECTS) in Hospitality or Hotel Management +12 months of work experience in the hospitality sector OR
- 3.5-year Bachelor's degree (worth 210 ECTS) in another area + min. 6 months of work experience in the hospitality sector OR
- 3-year Bachelor's degree (worth 180 ECTS) in another area + min. 18 months of work experience in the hospitality sector
We also require the following documents for all applications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of Motivation
- Copy of your ID/passport
Please find our English language requirements here:
- Duolingo 95 Pts
- TOEFL 87 ibt (direct entry)
- TOEFL 79 - 86 ibt (with additional agreement)
- TOEIC 785 (Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150)
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 average - please see Language Centre guidelines if results differ
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- FCE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A) 59 points
You don't feel prepared yet? More information about the Academic English Preparation Course
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
The tuition fees are as follows:
- EUR 680 per month for EU/EEA students (incl. Western Balkans, Switzerland)
- EUR 5,400 per semester for non-EU/non-EEA students
The amount is fixed for the entire period of study.
In addition, an enrolment fee of EUR 500 for EU/EEA students or EUR 900 for non-EU/non-EEA students is charged at the beginning of the course.
Your studies at the Dresden School of Management are a valuable investment in your future. As a student at an SRH campus you will benefit from small study groups, individual support and practice-oriented courses. Thus, you will be well prepared for a successful career in management.
You have the following options to finance your studies
- BAföG The Dresden School of Management is supported by the Office for Educational Promotion in Berlin, as we are a campus of the Berlin University of Applied Sciences. (Only applicable for German citizenship.) // For further information please visit: www.stw.berlin/finanzierung.html
- Child Benefit If you are studying, you are entitled to child allowance until you are 25 years old. (Only applicable for German citizens.)// Information via: www.arbeitsagentur.de/familie-und-kinder/infos-rund-um-kindergeld
- Student Jobs Our Career Service will be happy to assist you in your part-time job search.
- Educational Funds The SRH and some other institutes offer you a study financing scheme, where the repayment depends on your income and only takes place after you have successfully started your career. // Information via: www.srh-berlin.braincapital.de or www.bildungsfonds.de | www.deutsche-bildung.de | www.dkb.de/privatkunden/studenten-bildungsfonds
- Educational Loans Here you have the possibility of getting get a monthly loan for your studies. // Information via: https://dakaberlin.de or www.kfw.de/studienkredit
- Scholarships There are numerous private, public or non-profit institutions that offer grants and scholarships for students. You do not have to be highly talented for this; committed volunteers, studying mothers / fathers and other groups are also eligible. // Information via: www.stipendienlotse.de I www.stipendiumplus.de www.mystipendium.de I www.e-fellows.net I https://eu.daad.de/
Our Student Advisory Service will be happy to inform you about all financing options!
Application process and deadlines
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive an acceptance letter and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee (all students) and – if you are a non-EU/non-EEA student - the 3-month deposit
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Welcome Week and then you are good to go!
- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in small teams through practice-oriented tasks
- You can concentrate on what is important in 5-week blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers