Come to the SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences for one or two semesters and experience a new country and a new university. We are a university with four schools in Berlin, one in Dresden and another in Hamburg. As an exchange student, you have the opportunity to get to know a new culture, make new friends and broaden your horizons within a short period of time. You can find more information about the semester or year at SRH University in this info sheet. We look forward to hearing from you!
Your time with us You...
Is your university a partner of SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences?
Then your home university can nominate you for an exchange semester at our university. Further advantanges and requirements are:
- You don't need to pay our tuition fees
- You must have completed at least one year of your studies before enrolling at SRH and you are still enrolled at your home university
- You must be proficient in the language of instruction of your desired SRH study programme
- You must have secured sufficient funds for accommodation and personal living expenses for your stay abroad (Erasmus funding, self-financing etc.)
Exchange semester application process
- Apply for an exchange semester with us at your home university and get nominated. Your university will provide you with all relevant information.
- As soon as you are nominated by your home university and we have been informed of it, you can apply via our online portal with the following documents: copy of passport/ID, CV, current transcript of records, proof of necessary language skills (language of instruction). The application deadlines are: 31st May (winter semester) and 31st October (summer semester).
- We then issue your letter of admission. If you need a visa, you will need this document for your visa application. Please check with the German Embassy in your country whether you need a visa (more information on visas here). At the same time, we will send you the Student Welcome Guide which contains helpful information on health insurance, accommodation, etc.
- You get to choose your courses for your semester abroad. We advise you to discuss your choices with your university in order to ensure that they will be recognised.
Is your university NOT a partner university of SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences?
Then you can still do a semester abroad with us. You should consider the following when applying:
- You are enrolled at another university and meet the language requirements (language of instruction) of your desired SRH programme
- You apply via our online portal with the following documents: copy of passport/ID, proof of academic results from your university, CV, proof of language proficiency (if necessary)
- The application deadlines for a study abroad semester are: 15th June (winter semester) and 15th November (summer semester)
- Tuition fees: EU/EEA students - EUR 4500 per semester (up to 30 ECTS); non-EU/non-EEA students - EUR 5100 per semester (up to 30 ECTS)
- Tip: discuss your course selection with your home university so that you can take as many recognised courses as possible
Yoonseo Park, Exchange Student from South Korea
“I like the internationality of my course. I would love to complete my Master's in an English-speaking country and with this Bachelor study programme I hope to gain the best experience to achieve this. One of the greatest advantages of studying at SRH is the promising study programme with helpful lecturers, professors and staff of SRH within a family atmosphere.”
Reizel Roth, Exchange Student from Israel
“I think that it is very important to study at a small, clearly laid out university [Dresden School of Management], where each individual person is cared for and I can concentrate on my studies. I deliberately decided against a large university, in which a single student can get lost in the crowd. In addition, I gain the optimal insight into the hotel industry. I also have the opportunity to get to know different cultures during the internships or semester abroad and can travel a lot. I can enjoy the extensive range of languages at the college campus as well.”
If your home university is a partner of SRH University, you can be nominated by your home university. If your home university is not a partner of SRH University, you can come as a freemover.
You can find more information on our info sheet.
Yes, you can stay for two semesters, but you would have to apply for this at your home university when you are nominated.
If you are not from an EU country, you will most likely need a visa. You can find out more on the website of the German embassy in your country.
You cannot extend your visa in Germany, but you have to apply for a new residence title. You can do this process via the website of the state office of your city. If you are at SRH Berlin University, we can help you at the Residence Permit Service at Ernst-Reuter-Platz.
Unfortunately, we don't have student flats, but you can find information about them on our Student Guide and on our website.
If you are from an EU country, you can have your health insurance recognised by an insurance company here in Germany and bring us a copy of the confirmation. If you are not from the EU, you usually have to join a German health insurance.
The Incoming Exchange Coordinator will send you a link for the selection after the application.
If you are enrolled, you will receive the access data for CampusNet and about two weeks before the start of the semester you will be able to view the timetable.
Please contact the Incoming Exchange Coordinator. We will help you to find a solution and possibly adjust your Learning Agreement.
It can sometimes take up to a week, but we try to process the documents in 48 hours. Please understand that the documents need to be checked before we can sign them.
Please contact the Language Centre directly: languages.hsbe[at]gmail.com