Study at SRH Berlin for one semester

Exchange and Study Abroad
Exchange and Study Abroad

Experience Berlin!

Come to SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences for one or two semesters and experience a new country and a new university. As an exchange student you have the opportunity to get to know a new culture, make new friends and broaden your horizons in a short period of time. We look forward to hearing from you!

Your time with us You...

Is your university a partner of SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences?

Then your home university can nominate you for an exchange semester at our university. Further advantanges and requirements are:

  • You don't need to pay our tuition fees
  • You must have completed at least one year of your studies before enrolling at SRH and you are still enrolled at your home university
  • You must be proficient in the language of instruction of your desired SRH study programme
  • You must have secured sufficient funds for accommodation and personal living expenses for your stay abroad (Erasmus funding, self-financing etc.)

Exchange semester application process

  1. Apply for an exchange semester with us at your home university and get nominated. Your university will provide you with all relevant information.
  2. As soon as you are nominated by your home university and we have been informed of it, you can apply via our online portal with the following documents: copy of passport/ID, CV, current transcript of records, proof of necessary language skills (language of instruction). The application deadlines are: 31st May (winter semester) and 31st October (summer semester).
  3. We then issue your letter of admission. If you need a visa, you will need this document for your visa application. Please check with the German Embassy in your country whether you need a visa (more information on visas here). At the same time, we will send you the Student Welcome Guide which contains helpful information on health insurance, accommodation, etc.
  4. You get to choose your courses for your semester abroad. We advise you to discuss your choices with your university in order to ensure that they will be recognised.
SRH online application portal

Is your university NOT a partner university of SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences?

Then you can still do a semester abroad with us. You should consider the following when applying:

  • You are enrolled at another university and meet the language requirements (language of instruction) of your desired SRH programme
  • You apply via our online portal with the following documents: copy of passport/ID, proof of academic results from your university, CV, proof of language proficiency (if necessary)
  • The application deadlines for a study abroad semester are: 15th June (winter semester) and 15th November (summer semester)
  • Tuition fees: EU/EEA students - EUR 4500 per semester (up to 30 ECTS); non-EU/non-EEA students - EUR 5100 per semester (up to 30 ECTS)
  • Tip: discuss your course selection with your home university so that you can take as many recognised courses as possible
SRH online application portal

Yoonseo Park, Exchange Student from South Korea

“I like the internationality of my course. I would love to complete my Master's in an English-speaking country and with this Bachelor study programme I hope to gain the best experience to achieve this. One of the greatest advantages of studying at SRH is the promising study programme with helpful lecturers, professors and staff of SRH within a family atmosphere.”

Reizel Roth, Exchange Student from Israel

“I think that it is very important to study at a small, clearly laid out university [Dresden School of Management], where each individual person is cared for and I can concentrate on my studies. I deliberately decided against a large university, in which a single student can get lost in the crowd. In addition, I gain the optimal insight into the hotel industry. I also have the opportunity to get to know different cultures during the internships or semester abroad and can travel a lot. I can enjoy the extensive range of languages at the college campus as well.”