Submit your application and start your studies in October 2021 | Either on campus or in a hybrid online format (if Covid-19 impacts your travel and visa options)To the online application form
Your course content
What you will learn
The Master International Business & Leadership is the right choice for you if you are interested in leadership positions in international companies. Companies around the world are looking for competent experts with intercultural skills, a global mindset, management skills and leadership qualities. With our innovative study concept we develop your competencies relevant to your profession and teach you the key areas of innovative personnel and corporate management.
The interdisciplinary approach of the Master's programme integrates social, intercultural and leadership skills, providing graduates with a sound and holistic management education. Topics such as strategic marketing, change management and global strategies for human resources and business development are integrated into the programme and provide modern insight into current management challenges.
You also get to choose between:
- 4-semester / 2-year option (120 ECTS)
- 3-semester / 1.5-year option (Fast Track, 90 ECTS)
- Please find more information, e.g. required Bachelor's degree for each option, in the section Admission requirements below
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
With the Master's degree programme International Business & Leadership you have great career prospects!
As a graduate of the Master in International Business & Leadership programme, you are qualified for positions in senior international management and can expect to work in very diverse and complex fields. With your business management skills on the global market, your leadership and human resources expertise as well as your practical skills from the internship semester, you are well prepared for the demands of international economies.
In addition, with a Master of Arts (MA) degree you will create ideal conditions for an academic career in teaching and research.
Here are some possible career prospects:
- International business consultant
- Business analyst
- Business development manager
- Manager international marketing
- Intercultural management
- International event manager
- Managing director/CEO
- International recruiting manager
- Global supply chain manager
- Key account manager
- Project manager
- Product manager
- Quality manager
Our study concept
Your studies are divided into 5-week blocks. During this time you focus on one management topic which you get to view from different angles. Thanks to this approach you can learn about real management challenges and strengthen the skills that employers are looking for.Learn more about our academic approach
Do you want to have your Master's in 3 semesters?
Then take the Fast Track Master's degree programme in International Business & Leadership with an internship included. In three semesters we prepare you for your management function in international companies.
- Shorter study model according to our innovative CORE principle, focusing on international management, communication and leadership
- Improve your management skills and deepen your industry knowledge
- Company projects, internships or a semester abroad broaden your perspective and enhance your work experience
- Your Master's degree opens up many career paths - be prepared for interesting career opportunities, especially in higher management
Join us and learn everything you need to know about SRH Berlin, our Management & Hospitality programmes, the application process, financing your studies and more! Our Study Advisor will guide you and answer your questions | 3 - 4 pm CEST.Event
Companies meet students. At the start of the winter semester 2021/2022, we are offering the first Berlin student part-time job fair where SRH Berlin students and companies can get to know each other.Event
The Master's programme prepared me for current and future leadership tasks in an international context. I was able to develop my professional and personal skills and feel ready to conquer great challenges.
And these are your modules Your curriculum
- International Business Development and Digital Intelligence 5
- Global Markets & Finance 5
- Leading Intercultural Workforce 5
- Case Study: Business Development Case or Leading Challenge 5
- Corporate Governance & Business Ethics 5
- Global HR Management 5
Modules in the Fast Track study programme:
In the 1st semester you will take the same courses as in the 4 Semester programme.
- Managing People, Diversity and New Work 5
- Change Management 5
- Strategic Marketing Management 5
- Case Study: International Team Project 5
- Contracting & Negotiation 5
- Academic Paper Design & Writing 5
Modules in the Fast Track study programme:
- Change Management
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Contracting & Negotiation
- Academic Design and Writing
- Internship or Global Study Semester | Going International 30
Modules in the Fast Track study programme :
- Master's Thesis
- Analysing International Business (Online) 5
- Master's Thesis 25
In the Fast Track programme you get your Master's degree in 3 semesters.
More and more general managers have a Master's degree. Due to the increasing globalisation and a demand for good leaders, I would definitely recommend the Master's programme International Business & Leadership to students with clear career goals.
Chat with our students.
You want firsthand information? Our students are happy to share their experiences with you, tell you about their courses, their projects and student life in Berlin, Hamburg and Dresden.
Full-Flex Offer | For international students only
Are you worried that Covid-19 might affect your academic future? Are you facing visa delays and travel restrictions? Take advantage of our offer to start your studies in October 2021 in a virtual format and receive a reward!
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
4-semester / 2-year option (120 ECTS):
- 3-year Bachelor's degree (worth 180 ECTS) in Business/Management OR
- 3-year Bachelor's degree (worth 180 ECTS) in another area + min. 6 months of work experience in business/management
3-semester / 1.5-year option (90 ECTS):
- 3.5-year Bachelor's degree (worth 210 ECTS) in Business/Management OR
- 3-year Bachelor's degree (worth 180 ECTS) in Business/Management + 12 months of work experience in business/management OR
- 3.5-year Bachelor's degree (worth 210 ECTS) in another area + min. 6 months of work experience in business/management OR
- 3-year Bachelor's degree (worth 180 ECTS) in another area + min. 18 months of work experience in business/management
We also require the following documents for all applications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of Motivation
- Copy of your ID/passport
Here are our English language requirements:
- Duolingo 95 Pts
- TOEFL 87 ibt (direct entry)
- TOEFL 79 - 86 ibt (with additional agreement)
- TOEIC 785 (Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150)
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 average - please see Language Centre guidelines if results differ
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- FCE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A) 59 points
You don't feel prepared yet? More information about the Academic English Preparation Course
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
The tuition fees are as follows:
- EUR 680 per month for EU/EEA students (incl. Western Balkans, Switzerland)
- EUR 5,400 per semester for non-EU/non-EEA students
The amount is fixed for the entire period of study.
In addition, an enrolment fee of EUR 500 for EU/EEA students (EUR 900 for non-EU/non-EEA students) is due at the beginning of the course.
Your studies at the Dresden School of Management are a valuable investment in your future. As a student at an SRH campus you will benefit from small study groups, individual support and practice-oriented courses. Thus, you will be well prepared for a successful career in management.
You have the following options to finance your studies:
1. BAföG The Dresden School of Management is supported by the Office for Educational Promotion in Berlin, as we are a campus of the Berlin University of Applied Sciences. (Only applicable for German citizenship.)
// For further information please visit: www.stw.berlin/finanzierung.html
2. Child Benefit If you are studying, you are entitled to child allowance until you are 25 years old. (Only applicable for German citizenship.)
// Information via: www.arbeitsagentur.de/familie-und-kinder/infos-rund-um-kindergeld
3. Student Jobs Our Career Service will be happy to assist you in your part-time job search.
4. Educational Funds The SRH and some other institutes offer you a study financing scheme, where the repayment depends on your income and only takes place after you have successfully started your career. // Information via: www.srh-berlin.braincapital.de or www.bildungsfonds.de | www.deutsche-bildung.de | www.dkb.de/privatkunden/studenten-bildungsfonds
6. Scholarships There are numerous private, public or non-profit institutions that offer grants and scholarships for students. You do not have to be highly talented for this; committed volunteers, studying mothers / fathers and other groups are also eligible. // Information via: www.stipendienlotse.de I www.stipendiumplus.de www.mystipendium.de I www.e-fellows.net I https://eu.daad.de/
Our Student Advisory Service will be happy to inform you about all financing options!
Application process and deadlines
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive an acceptance letter and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee (all students) and – if you are a non-EU/non-EEA student – the 3-month deposit
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Welcome Week and then you are good to go!
- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in small teams through practice-oriented tasks
- You can concentrate on what is important in 5-week blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers