Deepen your knowledge of photography. Think interdisciplinary. Develop a unique, modern photographic vision. By taking the Master's in Photography degree, you will find your individual style and define your career path as a photographer and designer.
The Master's degree in Photography provides critical perspectives on photography and new visual media. You gain the tools to think and look critically at your work and the work of your peers, while also looking outward to the professional world of image makers and the historical roots of the medium. The programme is designed with enough flexibility for you to refine your own photographic orientation and artistic practice.
The MA Photography prepares you for an immediate entry into the diverse field of visual art. This could mean, for example, working as an independent artistic or applied photographer, picture editor, art buyer or art director.
Due to the theoretical focus of the programme, you will also be able to pursue a career as a curator for museums and galleries.
The international Master of Arts degree also allows you to pursue an academic career, including doctorate and post-doctoral studies.
Orientation in the Medium: Photography Lab I, Core Integrated Practice I, Encountering the Image5
Individual Development: Photography Lab II, Core Integrated Practice II, Methods of Image Analysis5
Work in Progress: Photography Lab III, Core Integrated Practice III, Images in Context5
History of Photography5
Image and Medium: Printed Matter, Advanced Integrated Practice I, Foundations of Media Theory5
Photograph as Object: Photo Book, Advanced Integrated Practice II, Advance Research Methodologies5
Boundaries of the Medium: Photographic Print, Advanced Integrated Practice III, Theory of lens-based Media5
Advanced Project Print5
Issues in Contemporary Photography5
Spatial Shift: Spatial Practice, Expanded Integrated Practice I, Interdisciplinary Approaches to Media5
Photograph and Space: Expanded Photography, Expanded Integrated Practice II, Contemporary Media Theory5
Beyond Photography: Spatial Intervention, Expanded Integrated Practice III, After Photography5
Expanded Project Space - Manifesto5
Critical Perspectives on Photography5
Back to the Future5
To submit your application, please provide us with the following:
- Bachelor's degree - please submit your degree certificate and your transcript of records. If you do not have the degree certificate yet, you can also submit it before you start your studies.
- Two or three creative works - you can also add more works to your portfolio
- Secondary School Certificate
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your passport/ID
As a state-recognised, private university, the SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences is financed by tuition fees. This revenue goes towards equipping our campus, providing services for our students, and quality assurance. In this way we ensure that you receive the best possible education under optimal study conditions.
- citizenship | EU/EEA (incl. Switzerland, Western Balkans and Ukraine): EUR 790 / month
- citizenship | Non-EU/EEA: EUR 5700 / semester
The monthly/semester tuition fees remain the same for the entire duration of the study programme.
An additional enrolment fee of EUR 750 (EU/EEA) / EUR 1000 (non-EU/EEA) is to be paid once. More information about our fees.
Please find the Application and Late Arrival deadlines here.
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive an acceptance letter and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Welcome Week and then you are good to go!