Writing series, producing feature films, designing TV formats, editing films - the world of film and television is large and growing dynamically. With the M.A. Film, Television & Digital Narratives programme, you'll secure your place in the industry.
Your course content What you will learn
In the Film, Television and Digital Narratives Master's programme, you will focus on screenwriting, directing and producing. In two years, you will learn to write, direct and produce a variety of formats including short films, television series and feature films, documentaries and commercials. You will analyse and discuss the history and theory of film and television and you will write, direct and produce audiovisual formats in an international environment.
Your career prospects Our innovative approach that pays off
After completing the MA Film, Television and Digital Narratives, you will be able to write, produce, direct or post-produce film productions - for a wide range of target groups, in collaboration with all the actors involved, locally and internationally.
As a graduate, doors will open up for you in the film and television industry, where you can work as:
- Screenwriter and editor
- Project manager
- Curator for film and television companies, television stations and institutions
This state-recognised Master's degree also prepares students for doctoral or PhD studies, which opens the way to an academic career in teaching and research.
Meet us online Get to know our Master's programmes | 26 Sep. 2023
We invite you to our Online Info Session on our Master's programmes on Tuesday, 26 September 2023 from 4 - 6 pm (CEST)!
Get to know our business, technology and creative Master's study programmes, which we offer in Berlin, Dresden and Hamburg. Get in touch with our professors and study advisors and learn more about the university and our programmes.
Testimonial Our student Zara Vanwynsbeghe
In the video, Zara talks about her career, her experiences, her passion for film and her "Film, Television and Digital Narratives" studies at SRH Berlin.
Introduction Film, TV and Digital Narratives5
Writing Film, TV & Digital Narratives I5
Directing Film + TV I5
Audiovisual Narratives and Social Media5
Film History and Film Theory5
Production Pool I5
Film Formats & Budgeting5
Writing Film, TV & Digital Narratives II5
Directing Film + TV II5
Internship Film, TV and Digital Narratives5
Film Analysis I5
Production Pool II5
Audience, Marketing and Media5
Writing Film, TV and Digital Narratives III5
Directing Film + TV III5
Film Analysis II5
Production Pool III5
Preparation Master Project5
Master's Project Film, TV and Digital Narratives15
Master's Thesis Film, TV and Digital Narratives15
You might be interested in Films made by our students
Admission requirements Our requirements
To submit your application, you will need the following:
- Bachelor's degree - please submit your degree certificate and your transcript of records. If you do not have the degree certificate yet, you can also submit it before you start your studies.
- 2-3 pieces of film work (film, screenplay/exposé for a screenplay or film analysis, links to films can be integrated in a pdf file)
- Bullet point list with 5 favourite films and series (no details)
- Secondary School Certificate
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your passport/ID
Fees and Funding Your tuition fees
As a state-recognised, private university, the SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences is financed by tuition fees. This revenue goes towards equipping our campus, providing services for our students, and quality assurance. In this way we ensure that you receive the best possible education under optimal study conditions.
- citizenship | EU/EEA (incl. Switzerland, Western Balkans and Ukraine): EUR 790 / month
- citizenship | Non-EU/EEA: EUR 5700 / semester
The monthly/semester tuition fees remain the same for the entire duration of the study programme.
An additional enrolment fee of EUR 750 (EU/EEA) / EUR 1000 (non-EU/EEA) is to be paid once. More information about our fees.
Please find more information on our Financing your studies page. Our Study Advisors are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Apply now Application process and deadlines
Please find the Application and Late Arrival deadlines here.
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive an acceptance letter and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Welcome Week and then you are good to go!