Join us and learn everything you need to know about SRH Berlin, our Management & Hospitality programmes, the application process, financing your studies and more! Our Study Advisor will guide you and answer your questions | 3 - 4 pm CET.Event
Your course content
What you will learn
With the Digital Transformation Management Master's programme - Focus on Software Engineering in Business, you will become an expert for a wide range of strategic and technological challenges of digital transformation. You will learn how to develop, design and implement innovative software solutions. You will deal with process models (e.g. Extreme Programming, Scrum), techniques and tools of modern software engineering in detail and use the principles and methods of software development.
The Master's programme will also deepen your expertise in software process management, software development life cycle, software project management and quality management. This will help you to test and evaluate software in a variety of ways. Thanks to the programming projects, you will acquire sound communication and collaboration skills, so that you can responsibly lead interdisciplinary and intercultural teams and projects after graduation.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
With the knowledge, skills and abilities acquired during your studies, you will be able to plan, prepare, implement and follow up software development projects yourself. You will be on a par with specialists in software engineering and will be able to advise companies on the selection and introduction of software solutions and alternative (agile) software engineering methods and tools. In addition, you can try out, test, and evaluate new and old, existing software products.
With your Master's in Digital Transformation Management - Focus on Software Engineering, the following and further career paths are open to you:
- Digital business manager (Focus on software engineering)
- Digital transformation manager (Focus on software engineering)
- Junior software developer
- Junior software engineer
- Junior software tester
- IT consultant software
Graduates of the Digital Transformation Management programme have good professional opportunities to support companies in the digital transformation of processes and employees.
Our study concept
Your studies are divided into 5-week blocks. During this time you focus on one management topic which you get to view from different angles. Thanks to this approach you can learn about real management challenges and strengthen the skills that employers are looking for.Learn more about our academic approach
Your modules Your curriculum
- Disruptive Innovations 5
- Corporate Management 5
- Process Management 5
- Innovation Management 5
- Software Engineering I: Software Engineering Principles, Methods and Techniques, Programming Project I 5
- Leadership Skills 5
- Disruptive Corporations 5
- Corporate Development 5
- Organisation Management 5
- Change Management 5
- Software Engineering II: Software Engineering Process and Project Management, Programming Project II 5
- Coaching Skills 5
- Internship or Global Study Semester | Going International 30
- Analysing International Business (online) 5
- Master's Thesis 25
Full-Flex Offer | For international students only
Are you worried that Covid-19 might affect your academic future? Are you facing visa delays and travel restrictions? Take advantage of our offer to start your studies in October 2021 in virtual format and receive a reward!
Please apply online via the application form on our website. We will evaluate your eligibility and invite you for an interview. To be considered for a study place for this Master's programme, the following requirements must be successfully fulfilled:
- University degree (Bachelor's degree) with at least 180 ECTS in:
Business/Management, Business Informatics, Informatics/Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- Non-business related university degree (min. 180 ECTS) + 6 months relevant working experience
- Proof of English language proficiency
Please find our English language requirements here:
- Duolingo 95 Pts
- TOEFL 87 ibt (direct entry)
- TOEFL 79 - 86 ibt (with additional agreement)
- TOEIC 785 (Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150)
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 average - please see Language Centre guidelines if results differ
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- FCE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A) 59 points
You don't feel prepared yet? More information about the Academic English Preparation Course
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
The tuition fees are as follows:
- EUR 4,080 per semester for EU/EEA students (incl. Western Balkans, Switzerland)
- EUR 5,400 per semester for non-EU/non-EEA students
The amount is fixed for the entire period of study.
In addition, an enrolment fee of EUR 500 for EU/EEA students (EUR 900 for non-EU/non-EEA students) is due at the beginning of the course.
Your studies at the Dresden School of Management are a valuable investment in your future. As a student at an SRH campus you will benefit from small study groups, individual support and practice-oriented courses. Thus, you will be well prepared for a successful career in management.
You have the following options to finance your studies
- BAföG The Dresden School of Management is supported by the Office for Educational Promotion in Berlin, as we are a campus of the Berlin University of Applied Sciences. (Only applicable for German citizenship.) // For further information please visit: www.stw.berlin/finanzierung.html
- Child Benefit If you are studying, you are entitled to child allowance until you are 25 years old (only applicable to German citizens). // Information via: www.arbeitsagentur.de/familie-und-kinder/infos-rund-um-kindergeld
- Student Jobs Our Career Service will be happy to assist you in your part-time job search.
- Educational Funds The SRH and some other institutes offer you a study financing scheme, where the repayment depends on your income and only takes place after you have successfully started your career. // Information via: www.srh-berlin.braincapital.de or www.bildungsfonds.de | www.deutsche-bildung.de | www.dkb.de/privatkunden/studenten-bildungsfonds
- Educational Loans Here you have the possibility to get a monthly loan for your studies. // Information via: https://dakaberlin.de or www.kfw.de/studienkredit
- Scholarships There are numerous private, public or non-profit institutions that offer grants and scholarships for students. You do not have to be highly talented for this; committed volunteers, studying mothers / fathers and other groups are also eligible. // Information via: www.stipendienlotse.de I www.stipendiumplus.de www.mystipendium.de I www.e-fellows.net I https://eu.daad.de/
Our Student Advisory Service will be happy to inform you about all financing options!
Application process and deadlines
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive an acceptance letter and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee (all students) and – if you are a non-EU/non-EEA student – the 3-month deposit
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Welcome Week and then you are good to go!
As a result of the digital transformation, managing strategy, technology and data-driven change processes is increasingly becoming a key competence for future managers.
- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in small teams through practice-oriented tasks
- You can concentrate on what is important in 5-week blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Dresden School of Management
Master of Science (M.Sc.) SRH Campus Hamburg
Master of Science (M.Sc.) SRH Campus Hamburg