Your course content
What you will learn
Become a shaper of digital change! The M.Sc. degree programme in Digital Transformation Management - Focus on Cyber Security in Business trains you to become a digital transformation manager who is familiar with all the fields and diverse challenges of digital transformation. In the 2-year Master's programme you will deal in detail with security principles and security standards as well as security technologies, security tools and the implementation of IT security solutions.
After completing your master's degree, you will be able to recognise and explain threats such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and botnets and recommend countermeasures. You will also deal with security management and security analyses and be able to use them in your practical work. You will also learn about key management, authentication and access control methods and technologies, and will be able to describe and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
Closing digital loopholes. Discover new perspectives!
The Master's Digital Transformation Management programme offers you a wide range of career opportunities.
With the skills you will have acquired, you will be able to select and implement modern IT security concepts and IT security measures. Thanks to your strong interaction skills, you can educate employees about dangers in their daily work and persuade them to pay more attention to IT security, such as network security and internet security. You learn how hackers think and act, and can therefore counter threats early and in a targeted manner.
With your degree, the following career paths are open to you:
- Digital business manager (focus on cyber security in businesses/management)
- Digital transformation manager (focus on cyber security in businesses/management)
- IT security manager
- IT security engineer
- IT security administrator
- Consultant IT security
- Information security specialist
Graduates of the Digital Transformation Management programme have good professional opportunities to support companies in the digital transformation of processes and employees.
Our study concept
Your studies are divided into 5-week blocks. During this time you focus on one management topic which you get to view from different angles. Thanks to this approach you learn about real management challenges and strengthen the skills that employers are looking for.Learn more about our academic approach
Your modules Your curriculum
- Disruptive Innovations 5
- Corporate Management 5
- Process Management 5
- Innovation Management 5
- IT Security I: IT Security Principles and Standards 5
- Leadership Skills 5
- Disruptive Corporations 5
- Corporate Development 5
- Organisation Management 5
- Change Management 5
- IT Security II: IT Security Tools and Technologies 5
- Coaching Skills 5
- Internship or Global Study Semester | Going International 30
- Analysing International Business (online) 5
- Master Thesis 25
Full-Flex Offer | For international students only
Are you worried that Covid-19 might affect your academic future? Are you facing visa delays and travel restrictions? Take advantage of our offer to start your studies in October 2021 in virtual format and receive a reward!
Please apply online via the application form on our website. We will evaluate your eligibility and invite you for an interview. To be considered for a study place for this Master's programme, the following requirements must be successfully fulfilled:
- University degree (Bachelor's degree) with at least 180 ECTS in:
Business/Management, Business Informatics, Informatics/Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- Non-business related university degree (min. 180 ECTS) + 6 months related working experience
- Proof of English language proficiency
Please find our English language requirements here:
- Duolingo 95 Pts
- TOEFL 87 ibt (direct entry)
- TOEFL 79 - 86 ibt (with additional agreement)
- TOEIC 785 (Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150)
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 average - please see Language Centre guidelines if results differ
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- FCE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A) 59 points
- Linguaskill: 176 - 184 (CES) - all four skills required
You don't feel prepared yet? More information about the Academic English Preparation Course
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
The tuition fees are as follows:
- EUR 4,080 per semester for EU/EEA students (incl. Western Balkans, Switzerland)
- EUR 5,400 per semester for non-EU/non-EEA students
The amount is fixed for the entire period of study.
In addition, an enrolment fee of EUR 500 for EU/EEA students (EUR 900 for non-EU/non-EEA students) is charged at the beginning of the course.
Your studies at the Dresden School of Management are a valuable investment in your future. As a student at an SRH campus you will benefit from small study groups, individual support and practice-oriented courses. Thus, you will be well prepared for a successful career in management.
You have the following options to finance your studies
- BAföG The Dresden School of Management is supported by the Office for Educational Promotion in Berlin, as we are a campus of the Berlin University of Applied Sciences. (Only applicable for German citizenship.) // For further information please visit: www.stw.berlin/finanzierung.html
- Child Benefit If you are studying, you are entitled to child allowance until you are 25 years old. (Only applicable for German citizenship.)// Information via: www.arbeitsagentur.de/familie-und-kinder/infos-rund-um-kindergeld
- Student Jobs Our Career Service will be happy to assist you in your part-time job search.
- Educational Funds The SRH and some other institutes offer you a study financing scheme, where the repayment depends on your income and only takes place after you have successfully started your career. // Information via: www.srh-berlin.braincapital.de or www.bildungsfonds.de | www.deutsche-bildung.de | www.dkb.de/privatkunden/studenten-bildungsfonds
- Educational Loans Here you have the possibility to get a monthly loan for your studies. // Information via: https://dakaberlin.de or www.kfw.de/studienkredit
- Scholarships There are numerous private, public or non-profit institutions that offer grants and scholarships for students. You do not have to be highly talented for this; committed volunteers, studying mothers / fathers and other groups are also eligible. // Information via: www.stipendienlotse.de I www.stipendiumplus.de www.mystipendium.de I www.e-fellows.net I https://eu.daad.de/
Our Student Advisory Service will be happy to inform you about all financing options!
Application process and deadlines
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive an acceptance letter and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee (all students) and – if you are a non-EU/non-EEA student – the 3-month deposit
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Welcome Week and then you are good to go!
As a result of the digital transformation, managing strategy-, technology- and data-driven change processes is increasingly becoming a key competence for future managers.
- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in practice-oriented tasks in small teams
- You can concentrate on what's important in 5-week-blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers
Master of Science (M.Sc.) SRH Campus Hamburg
Master of Science (M.Sc.) SRH Campus Hamburg
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Dresden School of Management