Preparing for your stay abroad
Once you have been officially accepted by the partner university, you will receive an Acceptance Letter. Please send this letter to the International Office.
Now you can start the final preparations for your stay abroad:
- apply for a visa (if necessary)
- arrange for sufficient insurance coverage for the host country (health, accident, travel and liability insurance)
- find accommodation
- make travel arrangements, etc.
You can also ask the International Office of your host university for advice on how to proceed.
During your stay abroad
If there are any changes in your course selection at the beginning or during your studies abroad, you must discuss these immediately with your programme director and have them confirmed on the Learning Agreement. This will ensure that your achievements from abroad will be recognized.
If it is already foreseeable that you will not be able to achieve sufficient ECTS in your study abroad (courses not passed, no course change possible), please contact your programme director immediately and discuss the options you have in order to still be able to achieve your outstanding achievements.
If for any reason (illness, accident, indisposition, etc.) you wish to discontinue your stay abroad, please contact the International Office and your programme director as soon as possible so we can discuss the next steps.
After returning from abroad
No later than 30 days after your last day of study abroad, you must submit the following documents to the SRH International Office:
- A written report (German/English, 2-4 pages, preferably with photos) about your study experience abroad including information about your preparations, accommodation search, courses at your host university, everyday life in your host country and a general feedback about your experience. The report may be made available anonymously to other interested students.
- Official transcript of records of the courses you have completed at the partner university abroad (will be issued by the host university, please also send it to the examination office for recognition).
- Erasmus+ and PROMOS funded students have to submit additional documents and will be informed by the International Office.
We would be happy if you are willing to share your experiences with other SRH students after your return.