Selection process and nomination
Please download the Application form study abroad. Complete the form and submit it to the International Office together with the required documents (list on the last page of the form) by the application deadline.
Places at partner universities are limited. If applications for a partner university exceed the number of available places, a selection process will take place.
These rules apply:
- we consider applications received by the application deadline.
- a semester abroad is intended to promote intercultural exchange. Therefore, we give lower priority to applications from students who wish to go to their home country (example: you are a French citizen and would like to spend your semester abroad in Paris).
Each application can reach a maximum of 100 points in the selection process (+20 bonus points). The score is made up of the following categories:
1. overall impression of the application (max. 25 points)
2. academic achievements: grade point average (max. 30 points)
3. knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university (max. 30 points)
4. letter of motivation (max. 15 points)
5. bonus points: social and ecological commitment (max. 20 bonus points)
For detailed information on how the criteria are assessed, please contact the International Office.
Based on these selection criteria, an individual score is calculated for each student. Students with the highest score will be awarded a place at the university which they have named as their first priority in their application. Once the available places at a university have been filled, the applicant with a lower score will be awarded their second or third choice.
In the event that two students with the same score would like to go to the same university, but there is only one free place left, the Abitur grade will be included in the evaluation. We will inform you as soon as possible about our selection.
Then step 2 in the application procedure will follow.