A chance for individualists
Your individual semester
If you want to sharpen your skills and broaden your future perspectives, then a "wild" semester might be just right for you. For one semester, you can select courses from all modules/courses offered at the schools of the SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences according to your interests, put together your own timetable and continue your education and training beyond the boundaries of your degree programme.
What you need to know:
- Please consult with your study programme director and the coordinator of your school on whether this programme is appropriate for you and when it would best fit into your curriculum.
- After the counselling interview, please apply with a letter of motivation adressed to the coordinator of your school. The application deadline is 4 weeks before the start of the semester.
- If you are accepted, we will conclude a supplementary agreement to your study contract – and then you can put together your own timetable according to your choices.
- Please compile your individual timetable before the start of the semester. The coordinator of your home school will support you.
- You will pay a one-off supervision fee of EUR 1,200 for the Wild Studies semester while your regular monthly tuition fees will be suspended.
- The credits you earn will be recorded in your diploma supplement. In certain cases, it may be possible to count these credits towards your regular studies. You can inquire about this possibility in advance with your programme director and the Examinations Office.
- A Wild Studies semester does not replace a regular semester, it is an extracurricular semester.
The "Wild Studies Semester" enabled me to earn additional credits which I need for my following Master. The additional effort is worthwhile for my future academic and professional path and I highly recommend this programme.