Using design and technology to move people, visualise messages and information, tell stories, expand realities, and change the environment - this is your professional future after completing the B.A. User Experience Design programme in Berlin.
User Experience Design and Content Creation
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- 7 Semesters
- on campus
- 210 ECTS
- No foundation year necessary
- In accreditation
- university cooperations
- Full time
- 1st intake: October 2023 | SRH Gera collaboration
Your course content What you will learn
Thanks to your UX Design studies, you are able to analyse user needs in the context of digital product development and derive usage requirements.
You know how to professionally evaluate and manage the complex development of digital products during the individual stages of the design process.
Our User Experience Design programme also helps you become an expert in content strategy, ensuring long-term success in the digital marketing mix.
Apart from gaining a deep insight into the user-centric design of digital experiences, you know how to plan and produce high-quality content.
In addition, you get to strengthen your soft skills in projects and expand your horizons and expertise during your internship or semester abroad.
Your career prospects Our innovative approach that pays off
The User Experience Design and Content Creation programme prepares you for the requirements of product and self-development, usability and content production - especially with regard to aspects such as values, emotional digital design and cultural differences
With your degree in B.A. User Experience Design you will work as a
- UI/UX designer,
- art director,
- digital artist,
- video and creative producer or
- content creator.
You can also work as a
- motion designer,
- 2D/3D technical artist or
- in multimedia and video editing.
Alumni Alex Schmidt, Former Student and UX Designer
"The thrilling topic of UX design has finally arrived in Germany and is more important than ever in today's digital world. Without a user-centered design, a company is currently no longer competitive. For this reason, companies are constantly looking for new creative minds in the UX field. A UX designer is involved in the creative development process from the beginning and accompanies the product all the way to the customer.""
Your Curriculum B.A. User Experience Design and Content Creation
Foundations of Design I5
Foundations of Design II5
Project Management UX5
Project I | Principles of human-machine interaction5
Human-Machine Interaction Technology I5
Service Design + Information Psychology5
Usability Engineering + Testing5
Project II | Creative Strategies and Digital Story Telling5
Market Research + Media Management5
Digital Brand Design I5
Digital Brand Design II5
Consumer Experience Design (CX) Workshop5
Project III | Brand Experience5
Content Creation I (Social Media)5
Content Creation II (Video, Audio, Podcast)5
Personal Branding + Self Management5
Project IV | Human Experience Design (Free Project)5
Internship or Study Abroad semester20
Free Project | User Experience Design10
Human-Machine Interaction Technology II5
Game Design I5
Interactive Enviroment / Spatial Design I for VR / AR / MR5
Interactive Enviroment / Spatial Design II for VR / AR / MR5
Implications of Artificial Intelligence + Future Studies5
Entrepreneurship & Media Law - Design5
Preparation B.A. Thesis / Next Generation Development5
BA Thesis | User Experience Design10
Admission requirements Our requirements
- General higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or university of applied sciences entrance qualification (Fachhochschulreife). In case you have not graduated yet, please apply with your existing transcripts or your latest interim certificate. However, we need your final degree certificate before you can start your studies.
- Please note that applicants with foreign degrees might be eligible for direct entry. This means that applicants who meet the requirements DON'T need to do a foundation year before starting their Bachelor's.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Copy of your identity card or passport
Fees and Funding Your tuition fees
Citizenship | EU/EEA (incl. Switzerland, Western Balkans and Ukraine)
- EUR 690 / month
Citizenship | Non-EU/EEA
- EUR 4,725 / semester
The monthly/semester tuition fees remain the same for the entire duration of the study programme. An additional enrolment fee of EUR 750 (EU/EEA) / EUR 1000 (non-EU/EEA) is to be paid once. More information about our fees.
Information on financing options & scholarships can be found here.
Apply now Application process and deadlines
Please find the Application and Late Arrival deadlines here.
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH application portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive an acceptance letter and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Welcome Week and then you are good to go!