Your course content
What you will learn
In the Film, Television and Digital Narratives Master's programme, you will focus on screenwriting, directing and producing. In two years, you will learn to write, direct and produce a variety of formats including short films, television series and feature films, documentaries and commercials. You will analyse and discuss the history and theory of film and television and you will write, direct and produce audiovisual formats in an international environment.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
After completing the MA Film, Television and Digital Narratives, you will be able to write, produce, direct or post-produce film productions - for a wide range of target groups, in collaboration with all the actors involved, locally and internationally.
As a graduate, doors will open up for you in the film and television industry, where you can work as:
- Screenwriter and editor
- Project manager
- Curator for film and television companies, television stations and institutions
This state-recognised Master's degree also prepares students for doctoral or PhD studies, which opens the way to an academic career in teaching and research.
information day SRH Berlin Virtual Info Session - SPECIAL Music & Media programmes
Join us and learn everything you need to know about SRH Berlin, our Music & Media programmes, the application process, financing your studies and more!Event
information day SRH Berlin Virtual Info Session - SPECIAL Design & Communication programmes
We're inviting you to get to know our university and our Design & Communication programmes! Our study advisor will tell you everything you need to know and guide you through the whole process.Event
You might be interested in Films made by our students
Full-Flex Offer | For international students only
Are you worried that Covid-19 might affect your academic future? Are you facing visa delays and travel restrictions? Take advantage of our offer to start your studies in April 2021 in virtual format and receive a reward!
To submit your application, you will need the following:
- Bachelor's degree - please submit your degree certificate and your Transcript of Records. (If you do not yet have the degree certificate, you can also submit it later).
- 2-3 pieces of film work (film, screenplay/exposé for a screenplay or film analysis, links to films can be integrated in a pdf file)
- uncommented list with 5 favourite films and series
- school-leaving certificate
- proof of English language proficiency
- letter of motivation
- curriculum vitae
- copy of your passport/ID
Admission requirements in detail
These are the English requirements you should bring along:
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A) 59 points
- Duolingo 95 points
- TOEFL 87 ibt (direct recording)
- TOEFL 79 - 86 ibt (with additional agreement)
- TOEIC 785 (Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150)
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 average - deviations from this rule are governed by the current version of the Language Centre's guidelines
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- FCE (grade A, B or C)
Applicants whose mother tongue is English or who hold an English language school and/or university degree may be exempted from this requirement.
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
As a state-recognised, private university, the SRH Berlin University is financed by tuition fees. This revenue goes towards equipping our campus, providing services for our students, and quality assurance. In this way we ensure that you receive the best possible education under optimal study conditions.
- citizenship | EU/EEA (incl. Switzerland, Western Balkans): €800 / month
- citizenship | Non-EU/EEA: €5400 / semester
The monthly/semester tuition fees remain the same for the entire duration of the study programme.
An additional enrolment fee of €500 (EU/EEA) / €900 (Non-EU/EEA) is to be paid once at the start of the programme.
Our Student Advisory Services will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Funding in detail
You can finance your studies through BAföG, student loans, education funds and scholarships. The possibilities vary according to nationality. You can find more information under Financing your studies.
Application process and deadlines
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive a confirmation and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee (all students) and – if you are a Non-EU/Non-EEA student - the 3-month deposit
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Orientation Week and then you are good to go!
Get started now Your path into the future
- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in small teams through practice-oriented tasks
- You can concentrate on what is important in 5-week blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers