Your course content
What you will learn
Our Master's programme Digital Transformation Management - Focus on IT Management trains you to become a digital business manager who is familiar with all facets of digital transformation and has in-depth knowledge, skills and abilities in IT management. During your degree you will deal with all areas of IT management, in particular with the topics of IT strategy and IT policy as well as IT application management. This enables you to derive and implement modern IT strategies from the overarching corporate strategy.
In doing so, you will take into account the available economic and technical resources and the employees, whom you will involve in all developments at an early stage. You will also gain an in-depth understanding of the various frameworks, norms and standards of IT service management.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
Redesign IT landscapes. Discover new perspectives!
With the skills you will have acquired in your studies, you will be able to support companies in the introduction of new IT architectures or the conversion of old, existing architectures. You can select the IT systems and applications that are needed to achieve the respective company goals. You involve all target and stakeholder groups in your IT projects and know how to inspire them with your ideas, concepts and new solutions.
After having completed your studies in Digital Transformation Management, you might work as a:
- Digital business manager (Focus IT management/IT strategy)
- Digital transformation manager (Focus IT management/IT strategy)
- Innovation manager
- IT project manager
- IT application manager
- IT consultant
Graduates of the Digital Transformation Management programme have good professional opportunities to support companies in the digital transformation of processes and employees.
Our study concept
Your studies are divided into 5-week blocks. During this time you focus on one management topic which you get to view from different angles. Thanks to this approach you can learn about real management challenges and strengthen the skills that employers are looking for.Learn more about our academic approach
Your modules Your curriculum
- Disruptive Innovations 5
- Corporate Management 5
- Innovation Management 5
- Process Management 5
- IT Management I: IT Strategy, Organisation and Resource Management 5
- Leadership Skills 5
- Disruptive Corporations 5
- Corporate Development 5
- Organisation Management 5
- Change Management 5
- IT Management II: IT Policy, Application and Service Management 5
- Coaching Skills 5
- Internship or Global Study Semester | Going International 30
- Analysing International Business (online) 5
- Master Thesis 25
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
Please apply online via the application form on our website. We will evaluate your eligibility and invite you for an interview. To be considered for a study place for this Master's programme, the following requirements must be successfully fulfilled:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Business Information Systems or a similar area of studies - please submit your degree certificate and your transcript of records. If you do not have the degree certificate yet, you can also submit it before you start your studies
- OR Bachelor's degree in another area + 6 months of relevant work experience
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Secondary School Certificate
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your passport/ID
You also need to provide proof of the required English language skills - we accept:
- TOEFL 87 ibt (direct entry)
- TOEFL 79 - 86 ibt (with additional agreement)
- TOEIC 785 (Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150)
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 average - please see Language Centre guidelines if results differ
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- FCE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A) 59 points
- Linguaskill: 176 - 184 (CES) - all four skills required
You don't feel prepared yet? More information about the Academic English Preparation Course
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
Your studies at the SRH Campus Hamburg are a valuable investment in your future. As a student at an SRH campus you will benefit from small study groups, individual support and practice-oriented courses. Thus, you will be well prepared for a successful career in management.
The tuition fees are as follows:
- EUR 800 per month for EU/EEA students (incl. Western Balkans, Switzerland and Ukraine)
- EUR 6,450 per semester for non-EU/non-EEA students
The amount is fixed for the entire period of study.
In addition, an enrolment fee of EUR 500 for EU/EEA students (EUR 900 for non-EU/non-EEA students) is charged at the beginning of the course.
Learn more about financing options on our Financing your Studies page.
Application process and deadlines
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive an acceptance letter and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee (all students) and – if you are a non-EU/non-EEA student – a EUR 3000 deposit
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Welcome Week and then you are good to go!
As a result of the digital transformation, managing strategy, technology and data-driven change processes is increasingly becoming a key competence for future managers.
- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in small teams through practice-oriented tasks
- You can concentrate on what is important in 5-week blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Dresden School of Management
Master of Science (M.Sc.) SRH Campus Hamburg
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Dresden School of Management