Current information | Cyber attack, lectures and contact information
Update on the cyber attack (15 October 2021)
In September 2021, the education and healthcare company SRH and its cross-company IT infrastructure fell victim to a cyber attack. Hackers copied some files and partially published them on the darknet. However, the amount of data was very small. The relevant police and data protection authorities have been informed and involved.
In relation to the entire SRH Group, there are very few individual cases in which the published documents contained personal data. After reviewing the files published to date, we can inform you that SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences is NOT affected.
Information for students
Lectures start on Monday, 11 October 2021. Information on timetables and lectures can be found here:
- Berlin campuses (Berlin School of Management, Berlin School of Technology, Berlin School of Popular Arts, Berlin School of Design and Communication)
- Dresden campus (Dresden School of Management)
- Hamburg campus (SRH Campus Hamburg)
Language courses won't take place only in Berlin during the first week of the semester, further information will follow.
Information about the Corona regulations for the October intake can be found here.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Having to work offline as much as possible and finding alternative ways of communication is a great challenge for all of us. We ask for your understanding if the IT systems lead to unfamiliar processes or procedures at one point or another. Nevertheless, we will do everything in our power to ensure that your studies run as smoothly as possible.
Communication within the university
Neither your programme directors nor the administrative staff currently have access to their regular e-mail addresses and cannot contact you via your student e-mail address. Please use the temporary contact email addresses and phone numbers given below.
Campusnet has also been affected by the cyber attack and cannot currently be used. Don't worry: Exam results from the past are not lost. However, we kindly ask you to be patient for the preparation of degree certificates and similar documents.
How you can reach us
Dear students and applicants,
Unfortunately our university has fallen subject to a cyber attack. Therefore we are currently most easily reached as follows:
- Berlin School of Management & Berlin School of Technology: +49 30 374 374 0
- Berlin School of Popular Arts: +49 30 233 2066 14
- Berlin School of Design and Communication: +49 30 6165 480
- Dresden School of Management: +49 351 40 7617 20
- SRH Campus Hamburg: +49 152 010 824 35
Should you have an urgent issue regarding your application that requires email communication, please use one of the following temporary email addresses:
- Berlin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dresden: email@example.com
- Hamburg: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application process is not affected by the current situation. We ask for your understanding, and look forward to being in touch.
If you have any questions regarding studying at our university and are looking for a study consultation, you can contact us via this temporary email addresses:
- Berlin: Studyinberlin@srhberlin.de
- Dresden: Studyindresden@srhberlin.de
- Hamburg: Studyinhamburg@srhberlin.de
Should you have an urgent issue for our service departments (Berlin/Hamburg/Dresden) that requires email communication, please contact the following email addresses:
- Student Service | Studentservice@srhberlin.de
- International Office | Internationaloffice@srhberlin.de
- Residence Permit Service | Residentpermitservice@srhberlin.de
- Language Centre | Languages@srhberlin.de
- Fee Management | Feemanagement@srhberlin.de
- Examination Office | ExaminationOffice@srhberlin.de
- Career Service | Careerservice@srhberlin.de
- Course Coordination | email@example.com
- Library | Library@srhberlin.de
- Media Technology | firstname.lastname@example.org (Please mention your school in the subject/the message)
- HR | email@example.com
- Marketing | Marketing@srhberlin.de
The management of SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences