- Conference / Talk
In Times of Disruption | Creative Industries & Electronic Music
Online panel discussing crisis as factor for creative growth and opportunity across the creative industries and electronic music scene.
Is the music scene in a crisis? Can we see the crisis as an opportunity to create something new?
The event industry, Germany’s sixth largest economic sector, has been strongly affected by the ongoing corona crisis. While there have been numerous efforts to combat the detrimental effects for the creative industries so far, with venues hosting events and concerts online or via appointment only, Berlin’s club scene has taken a particularly severe hit. With gigs being cancelled, revenues have increasingly moved from live event formats to digital streaming services, once again empowering labels and leaving the creatives to fend for themselves.
The first in a line of online discussions concerning the current corona crisis, "In Times of Disruption | Creative Industries & Electronic Music" will delve deeper into the challenges creatives face while also exploring a potential positive outcome of the crisis. Can we ride out the storm by devoting our time to create new sound? How will this time of solitude manifest in our creative output? Will we change the face of music forever?
- Rebekah Teasdale aka "Rebekah", DJ and techno music producer
- Randolph Quan, photographer, filmmaker and social media content creator
- Chono Chibesakunda, Student Ambassador and host
- Friederike Busch-Steenberg, Creative Industries Management student
- Prof. Dr. Brigitte Biehl, study programme director B.A. Creative Industries Management and M.A. International Management - Creative Leadership
..who will talk to us about their experiences and ideas.Register now