Spice up your career! Which ingredients do you need for your career? During our big SRH Career Day on 16 April 2021 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (CEST), we will explore this question with our SRH students and alumni. Be prepared for a colourful mix of workshops, alumni talks and company presentations. Create your own individual business bowl and plan your next career steps. We look forward to seeing you!
SRH Career Day Programme | 16 April 2021 | Microsoft Teams, 9 am – 3 pm
Students can access the complete programme with the links to each session on JobTeaser. They will also receive the information by e-mail.
In addition to the Diner and Bistro channels, the programme includes two Workshops to go that require registration. Click on the respective workshop to learn more & register.
- 11 am - 12.30 pm: Ikigai Workshop: Kennst du dein Rezept für ein erfülltes (Berufs-)Leben schon?
- 1 - 2.30 pm: Google Zukunftswerkstatt: Agiles Arbeiten
- 9.00 - 9.30 am, Diner Teams Channel: Meditation (GER/EN)
Start the day with us and enjoy a little meditation to begin. Our colleague Natalie Michalik, doctoral student at SRH and yoga teacher, invites you to pause for a moment to allow you to arrive safely. We look forward to an exciting Career Day with you.
- 10.30 - 11.30 am, Bistro Teams Channel: About ingredients for an academic career and trends in the labour market (GER/EN) Writing a doctoral thesis after graduating and devoting more time to a scientific question is the path our three guests Natalie Michalik, Tabea Augner and Tania Diehl have taken. In their talk, they reveal what ingredients it takes to advance your academic career. They also report on their research topics such as technostress, agile working and leadership in the digital transformation and thus provide an insight into which aspects are relevant for you as future employees on the labour market.
- 12 - 1 pm, Bistro Teams Channel: Build a CV that stands out: Alumni Talk with Amirali Afshar (Zalando) (EN) This workshop has been designed to walk students through the basics of CV building. It starts by defining an individual's personality, exploring the art of storytelling, understanding what hiring managers require in Resumes and highlights some of German specific dos and don'ts in crafting CVs.
- 12.30 - 1 pm, Diner Teams Channel: A Career in Recruitment by Phaidon International (EN) Come find out what a career in recruitment can give you: fast progression, unlimited earning potential, mastering of soft skills and even international relocation. Phaidon International is the parent company of 5 Recruitment Brands working in the MINT sector from their 12 global hubs. They continue to grow at a fast pace even during this pandemic and are looking for bright, motivated graduates to train up as Specialist Head-hunters. Attendees who register at the start of the session will also be given a link to take part in Phaidon’s Graduate Strength Assessment to help with their Job Search.
- 1 - 2 pm, Bistro Teams Channel: Alumni Talks (GER/EN) Studying International Hotel Management or Tourism and Event Management at SRH offers different perspectives, as Marius Brandt and James Isermann show us. They no longer have their professional home in the classic areas of hotel and event industry, but now work in the fields of "Sales & Business" and "Online Marketing". They give us insights into how a mix of different career ingredients such as openness and flexibility can conjure up different job menus. Pascal Kruggel, graduate of International Hotel Management, is now House Manager at STAYERY. Already during his studies, he took advantage of various study opportunities and won the Hyatt Student Prize, among others. He is happy to talk about what exactly supported him to end up where he is today and what he would like to see from students and graduates who are interested in working at STAYERY.
- 2 - 2.30 pm, Bistro Teams Channel: How to use the Career Center successfully with David Froese (JobTeaser) (GER/EN) As you may already know, now is the time to start building on your employability skills and taking the next steps towards your professional career journey. But do not fear, the Career Center & JobTeaser are here to support you! Find out how the Career Center by JobTeaser can help you to land your dream job: Apply for exclusively posted student jobs, internships, placements and graduate schemes within your local area, or even abroad
- Book an appointment with one of the career advisers
- Follow your favourite companies and watch as they post vacancies
- Attend employability-related events
- Explore all the available advice and guidance and build on your employability skills
- Want to get recruited without applying? Use Shortlist & tell recruiters that you're available on the job market!
Can’t wait any longer? Join our online event to see how the Career Center can help you! We are looking forward to seeing you!