Your portfolio and your CV should provide us with an insight into your individual creative and technical development. We deliberately avoid thematic guidelines. Please include a written explanation of your work and your approach.
If you still have questions regarding the portfolio, please arrange an individual portfolio consultation or send an email our study advisors.
What happens after you have submitted your application?
First, we’ll check your submitted application. Following a positive assessment, we will invite you to a personal admissions interview to find out more about your knowledge on the subject as well as your creativity and motivation. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to ask more detailed questions about the programme. If you’re unable to visit our premises in Berlin, we’re also happy to offer you an appointment via Skype.
If you’re not an English native speaker, please submit proof of your English language skills.
Please find below relevant language tests and levels of proficiency:
- Duolingo 95 points
- TOEFL 87 ibt (direct recording)
- TOEFL 79 - 86 ibt (with additional agreement)
- TOEIC 785 (Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150)
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 average - deviations from this rule are governed by the current version of the Language Centre's guidelines
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- FCE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A) 59 points