Our B.Eng Applied Mechatronic Systems programme combines mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science. Strengthen your technical expertise, design solutions for electromechanical systems and hone your soft skills.
Applied Mechatronic Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)
- 7 Semesters
- on campus
- 210 ECTS
- No foundation year necessary
- Full time
- summer & winter semester | SRH Berlin x SRH Gera
Your course content What you will learn
The Bachelor's programme in Applied Mechatronic Systems at SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences will allow you to gain a clear understanding of the relevant disciplines of mechatronics, including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science. Apart from brushing up necessary skills in mathematics, physics, and statistics, you get to deepen your programming, intercultural and communication skills.
You will be able to design complete solutions for electromechanical systems and know how to implement the associated control systems, e.g. by using microcontrollers. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to learn more about exciting emerging fields such as automotive mechatronics, robotics, machine learning and smart manufacturing.
As a Bachelor of Engineering student, you will learn agile methods, do extensive lab work and work on hands-on projects with companies. In addition, you receive the “Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certificate Program (SMSCP)” certification at level 1-2.
Your career prospects Our innovative approach that pays off
As a Bachelor of Engineering graduate, you are qualified for challenging jobs in energy and environmental engineering, process engineering, general mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and its suppliers, and the medical devices industry.
Choose from the following career paths:
- Industrial development (planning, calculation, design and testing of technical plants, products and systems)
- Production (planning, manufacturing, operation and monitoring of technical and process facilities and systems, testing of products and processes, quality assurance)
- Marketing and sales of technical systems, plants and products
- Management activities in the manufacturing industry, private sector companies and public authorities
Study programme brochure and more ...
It's about you Our study concept
Your studies are divided into 5-week blocks. During this time you can focus on one engineering topic which you get to view from different angles. Thanks to this approach you can learn about real world challenges and strengthen the skills that employers are looking for.
SMSCP Certification Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certificate Program
The Siemens SMSCP certificate is part of the curriculum. Thanks to the examination you will find it easy to work your way into new systems and to apply your new expertise. The certification is not only well-known in technical industries, it will also help you kick-start your career.
Your curriculum B.Eng. Applied Mechatronic Systems
Engineering Drawing and Design5
Mechatronics Lab / Measurement Technologies I5
Mechatronics Lab / Measurement Technologies II5
Electrical and Electronics Engineering5
Engineering Teamwork I: Applied Computer Science Lab5
Sensor and Actuator Networks5
Automotive Systems and Robotics5
Advanced Data Exploration for Artificial Intelligence5
Modelling and Simulation5
Drives and Power Electronics5
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning5
Engineering Teamwork II: Advanced Mechatronics Lab5
Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certificate Program (SMSCP) | Level 15
Internet of Things and Cloud Technologies5
Material Science & Construction5
Engineering Teamwork III: Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems Lab5
Engineering Teamwork IV: Embedded Systems Lab5
Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certificate Program (SMSCP) | Level 25
Research and Development Methods5
Internship / Company Project / Research Project10
Admission requirements Our requirements
To submit your application, please provide us with the following:
- General higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or university of applied sciences entrance qualification (Fachhochschulreife). In case you have not graduated yet, please apply with your existing transcripts or your latest interim certificate. However, we need your final degree certificate before you can start your studies.
- Please note that applicants with foreign degrees might be eligible for direct entry. This means that applicants who meet the requirements DON'T need to do a foundation year before starting their Bachelor's.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your passport/ID
Fees and Funding Your tuition fees
- Citizenship | EU/EEA (incl. Switzerland, Western Balkans and Ukraine): EUR 690 / month
- Citizenship | Non-EU/EEA: EUR 4800 / semester
The monthly/semester tuition fees remain the same for the entire duration of the study programme. An additional enrolment fee of EUR 750 (EU/EEA) / EUR 1000 (non-EU/EEA) is to be paid once. More information about our fees.
Information on financing options & scholarships can be found here.
Apply now Application process and deadlines
Please find the Application and Late Arrival deadlines here.
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH application portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive an acceptance letter and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Welcome Week and then you are good to go!