Join us and learn everything you need to know about SRH Berlin, our Management & Hospitality programmes, the application process, financing your studies and more! Our Study Advisor will guide you and answer your questions | 3 - 4 pm CET.Event
Your course content
What you will learn
In the English taught Bachelor's study programme International Hotel Management you prepare for a leading position in the international hotel industry. You learn how to manage a hotel strategically and sustainably, how to motivate your employees, how to develop marketing and event concepts and how to create financing and business plans. In combination with the improvement of your language skills, you will be well prepared for an international career.
The world is on the move, more powerful and more complex than ever before - which means that the tourism industry is also constantly developing. The megatrends in mobility and digitalisation, but also individualisation and connectivity are all part of this global development. The future requires your ability to recognise these needs and to respond accordingly. Therefore, you will start being part of the process yourself and exerting influence.
In the English taught International Hotel Management degree we will teach you both business basics and specific knowledge of the hotel industry. You will acquire know-how in the fields of business administration and economics as well as in human resources and accounting. You will also be trained in marketing and social media in order to develop advertising strategies for a hotel. Moreover, you will receive an overview of sales & distribution and quality management. In order to strengthen your future leadership role, business management and leadership will be addressed during your studies - we will also train your soft skills and provide you with various methods to successfully manage teams and projects. The study programme will enable you to deal with complex hotel management problems independently, professionally and efficiently.
The International Hotel Management programme is the perfect choice for you if:
- you want to get to know foreign cultures and work in an international setting
- you would like to speak several languages
- you love hospitality and are a passionate host
- you would like to gain a foothold in the versatile hotel industry with numerous job facets
- you can focus on the needs of customers and guests
- you have stamina
- teamwork is one of your strengths.
What your curriculum looks like:
- 7 semesters, divided into topic-oriented modules
- 3 internships over a total of 11 months
- 6-month international internship semester
- 4 integrated foreign language modules: you will learn at least 2 foreign languages (compulsory Business English) and can take further language courses of your choice free of charge. Besides Business English you can choose between Spanish, French, Chinese, Arabic, Italian and Russian.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
As an International Hotel Management graduate you can work for international hotel companies.
Your possibilities are absolutely diverse: you can apply your skills in marketing, human resources, controlling and revenue management or in other responsible positions. The hotel industry is one of the largest employers worldwide. Due to the shortage of skilled workers, qualified personalities are in great demand in this sector. So, if you want to enter the industry, you are betting on a future-oriented market.
You could get started in these areas:
- Management & administration, e.g. Directorate, human resource management, accounting, controlling
- Sales & marketing, e.g. revenue management, public relations, convention sales
- Rooms division, e.g. reception, guest relations/guest services, executive floor, housekeeping
- Food & beverage, e.g. F & B administration, banquet service, bar management, room service
- Head office, e.g. in hotel Development, quality management etc.
With the internationally-recognised Bachelor's degree you also qualify for further education such as a master’s degree. This is the ideal foundation for a further academic career in business administration or hospitality management. In addition, there are possibilities to make your way to higher management positions in the hotel industry, up to general manager positions - or for a job in teaching and science.
And these are your modules
- Managerial Concepts & Operations 5
- Management of International Hospitality & Gastronomy Markets 5
- Academic Writing 5
- IT Tools and Methods 5
- Language I. (Chain 1)* 5
- Management in the Hotel & Gastronomy Industry (Chain 2) 5
- Internship I. 5
We currently offer the following languages for you:
- Business English
- Economic Structures and Mechanisms 5
- Finance I 5
- Hotel Operations 5
- Industry Project Hotel Operations 5
- Language II.* (Chain 1) 5
- Language III. (Chain 2)* 5
*We currently offer the following languages:
- Business English
- Human Resource Management 5
- Marketing & Social Media Management 5
- Sales and Distribution 5
- Human Resources or Marketing Concept 5
- Law (Chain 1) 5
- Language IV. (Chain 2)* 5
*We currently offer the following languages for you:
- Business English
- Internship II. (Practical phase) 30
- Strategic Management 5
- Quality and Process Management 5
- Event and Concept Management 5
- Industry Project for Event and Concept Management 5
- International Hotel Development Project (Chain 1) 5
- Finance II. (Chain 2) 5
- International Networks in the Tourism Industry 5
- Finance III. 5
- Leadership 5
- Consolidation: Lab Project 5
- Empirical Research Methods (Chain) 5
- Internship III. 15
- Colloquium for the Bachelor's Thesis 3
- Bachelor's Thesis 12
Full-Flex Offer | For international students only
Are you worried that Covid-19 might affect your academic future? Are you facing visa delays and travel restrictions? Take advantage of our offer to start your studies in October 2021 in a virtual format and receive a reward!
Chat with our students.
Do you want firsthand information? Our students are happy to share their experiences with you, tell you about their courses, their projects and student life in Berlin, Hamburg and Dresden.
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
These are the necessary requirements:
- University entrance qualification (general university entrance qualification, university of applied sciences entrance qualification
- Curriculum vitae
- Very good English language skills
The next steps after submitting your application:
After receiving your application, we will contact you. You will receive an invitation for an individual interview - either at our campus, by skype or via phone. The purpose of the interview is to get to know you better, to find out your motivation for this programme and, of course, to answer your questions.
Please find our English language requirements here:
- TOEFL Special Home Edition: 87 ibt
- IELTS (academic) 6,5 (overall band score)
- TOEIC Listening/Reading:785, Speaking: 160, Writing: 150 (all four skills are required)
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- B2 First Cambridge (grade A or B)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A): 59 Punkte
- Duolingo Certifcate: 95.
You don't feel prepared yet? More information about the Academic English Preparation Course
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
The tuition fees are as follows:
- for EU/EEA students (incl. Switzerland and Western Balkans): EUR 3,540 per semester (EUR 590 per month)
- for non-EU/non-EEA students: EUR 4,500 per semester
The amount is fixed for the entire period of study. In addition, an enrolment fee of EUR 500 for EU/EEA students (EUR 900 for non-EU/non-EEA students) is charged at the beginning of the course.
Your studies at the Dresden School of Management are a valuable investment in your future. As a student at an SRH campus you will benefit from small study groups, individual support and practice-oriented courses. Thus, you will be well prepared for a successful career in management.
You have the following options to finance your studies
- BAföG The Dresden School of Management is supported by the Office for Educational Promotion in Berlin, as we are a campus of the Berlin University of Applied Sciences. (Only applicable for German citizenship.)// For further information please visit: www.stw.berlin/finanzierung.html
- Child Benefit If you are studying, you are entitled to child allowance until you are 25 years old. (Only applicable for German citizenship.)// Information via: www.arbeitsagentur.de/familie-und-kinder/infos-rund-um-kindergeld
- Student Jobs Our Career Service will be happy to assist you in your part-time job search.
- Educational Funds The SRH and some other institutes offer you a study financing scheme, where the repayment depends on your income and only takes place after you have successfully started your career. // Information via: www.srh-berlin.braincapital.de or www.bildungsfonds.de | www.deutsche-bildung.de | www.dkb.de/privatkunden/studenten-bildungsfonds
- Educational Loans Here you have the possibility to get a monthly loan for your studies. // Information via: https://dakaberlin.de or www.kfw.de/studienkredit
- Scholarships There are numerous private, public or non-profit institutions that offer grants and scholarships for students. You do not have to be highly talented for this; committed volunteers, studying mothers / fathers and other groups are also eligible. // Information via: www.stipendienlotse.de I www.stipendiumplus.de www.mystipendium.de I www.e-fellows.net I https://eu.daad.de/
Our Student Advisory Service will be happy to inform you about all financing options!
Application process and deadlines
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH application portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive an acceptance letter and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee (all students) and – if you are a non-EU/non-EEA student - the 3-month deposit
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Welcome Week and then you are good to go!
- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in practice-oriented tasks in small teams
- You can concentrate on what's important in 5-week-blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers