- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in small teams through practice-oriented tasks
- You can concentrate on what is important in 5-week blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers
Your course content
What you will learn
The digital transformation of the global healthcare industry is advancing at a fast pace which creates a high demand for experts with both IT and healthcare-related knowledge and specialised skills.
Our new Computer Science programme aims to create this new generation of experts by combining a thorough computer science education with modules on healthcare, digital health and artificial intelligence.
You gain an understanding of the crucial methods, principles and techniques of the most important programming paradigms and the associated markup and programming languages. You learn how to implement and evaluate different application systems, cloud technologies, cyber security measures and software solutions.
Thanks to the health focus you become acquainted with expert systems, neural networks, image processing and further applications of AI in healthcare technology and management. You deepen your knowledge of eHealth technologies, apps and robotics to consult, treat and support patients. You know how to develop health and learning games and learn about the importance of data protection, privacy and confidentiality regarding medical data. Modules on risk management, medical law, epidemiology and public health complement the curriculum and your computer science education.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
The project- and skill-based approach of the B.Sc. Computer Science - Focus on Health Informatics helps you train your soft, hard and personal skills and prepares you for demanding positions within the healthcare and other industries.
Due to the shortage of skilled professionals in industries, such as the software, telecommunications, manufacturing or medical device industry, graduates can benefit from a wide range of career opportunities. Typical fields of activity can be, for example:
- System/software developer
- Application/software developer
- System/application administrator
- Software and hardware sales specialist
- Interface specialist
- IT security specialist
- IT quality manager
- Web designer
- IT consultant
- IT service manager
- IT project manager
The Bachelor of Science degree helps students get positions in small- and medium-sized enterprises, public authorities, international corporations, or administrative departments of different businesses in the healthcare and other sectors. The degree also enables you to do a Master’s degree in Germany and abroad.
Our study concept
Your studies are divided into 5-week blocks. During this time you focus on one IT-specific topic which you get to view from different angles. Thanks to this approach you learn about real world challenges and strengthen the skills that employers are looking for.Learn more about our academic approach
Curriculum B.Sc. Computer Science - Health Informatics
- Mathematics I 5
- Social Medicine and Health Sciences 5
- eHealth and Telemedicine 5
- Legal Basis 5
- Scientific Work 5
- Personal Skills 5
- Mathematics II 5
- Programming I 5
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare 10
- Algorithms and Data Structures 5
- Statistics 5
- Data Visualisation 5
- Language I 5
- Programming II incl. Programming Lab 5
- Computer Networks 5
- Computer Security 5
- Operating Systems / Web Computing 5
- Software Engineering 5
- Introduction to Cloud Computing 5
- Languages II 5
- Introduction to Embedded Systems 5
- Databases 5
- Health Games and Innovation Management 5
- Introduction to Internet of Things 5
- Imaging Technologies 5
- Languages III 5
- Engineering Teamwork I: Applied Computer Science Lab 5
- Engineering Teamwork II: AI and Autonomous Systems Lab 5
- Research and Development Methods 5
- Agile Project and Risk Management 5
- Internship / Company Project / Research Project 10
- Bachelor's Thesis and Colloquium 15
To submit your application, please provide us with the following:
- General higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or university of applied sciences entrance qualification (Fachhochschulreife). In case you have not graduated yet, please apply with your existing transcripts or your latest interim certificate. However, we need your final degree certificate before you can start your studies.
- Please note that applicants with foreign degrees might be eligible for direct entry. This means that applicants who meet the requirements DON'T need to do a foundation year before starting their Bachelor's.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your passport/ID
Please find our English language requirements here:
- Duolingo 95 Pts
- TOEFL 87 ibt (direct entry)
- TOEFL 79 - 86 ibt (with additional agreement)
- TOEIC 785 (Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150)
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 average - please see Language Centre guidelines if results differ
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- FCE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A) 59 points
- Linguaskill: 176 - 184 (CES) - all four skills required
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
Citizenship | EU/EEA (incl. Switzerland, Western Balkans and Ukraine):
- EUR 750 / month
Citizenship | Non-EU/EEA:
- EUR 5100 / semester
The monthly/semester tuition fees remain the same for the entire duration of the study programme. An additional enrolment fee of EUR 500 (EU/EEA) / EUR 900 (non-EU/EEA) is to be paid once at the start of the programme.
Information on financing options & scholarships can be found here.
Application process and deadlines
Please find the Application and Late Arrival deadlines here.
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH application portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive an acceptance letter and the study contract
- You will sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You will pay the enrolment fee (all students) and – if you are a non-EU/non-EEA student - a EUR 3000 deposit
- You will receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Welcome Week and then you are good to go!